Self Assessment

           Learning is a continuity , exclusively writing , because it tends to involve practice . The more i indulge in my practice , the better i write . In my opinion , no one was born to be a writer . As an ESL student , i took my first English course in college very seriously as it was a pathway to greater achievements in English Language . Whenever i am writing a paper , i tend to write whatever comes to mind and its always unorganized at first . Then i go back to rearranging my thoughts and ideas and then forget to add some fancy words . My writing ability isn't too high and i have this pattern of always keeping my sentences simple .

          Now , let me discuss my areas of weakness . As an ESL student , i have some weaknesses that if not some then all students under this category also have such as grammar and composition since the grammar is far different from my native tongue but despite these struggles , i still try to improve in these areas in order to become a better writer . Furthermore , another weakness of mine would be the tone of voice . This is probably one of the major areas i need to improve on . I have to be more careful with my word choice and keep my audience in mind when writing my blogs . As a student , i have to admit that i was a bit surprised when we were asked to create blogs in this course as it never occurred to me that blogs are meant for students and can also be used as a platform for many things such as providing answers to most commonly asked questions or provide advice to areas within your niche that your business is an expert on .  Even after such development , i still made sure i learnt how to use it . Blogging can be fun at times as it aids communication amongst  people but it sure takes a lot of time . With the commitment to write , edit pictures , and put it together  in a coherent post . Not to mention , the dedication one has to promote and engage on social levels as it can be viewed by any one . This alone gives me the chills as it can sometimes be stressful. 

           With all that said , as i move forth to the next level of writing skills , one of my goals is to improve my writing skills and hopefully in class, i get to learn how to hone these skills as it has been made known to me that it is very essential in the real world . One way i have done to improve my writing is by thinking more critically about my ideas whenever  i revise my blog posts . Nevertheless , i hope that this strategy will continue to help me improve my writing even further in the future . Having a topic that means something to me makes writing easier for me and i enjoyed writing these blog posts this quarter . 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post #6 "Getting to know your island"